What if you lose direction while you are on your way to a particular location? Well, that would make you unlock your cell phone, turn on your GPS, and feed the location. A task bit hectic, isn’t it? But at least, you have someone behind your back to direct you. But what if there is no direction to the actors of a flick or a TV/web series? What if there is no one to guide them for a shot? If you are pondering over the same, then you too fathom the imperative role a director has to play.
Indian entertainment industry has been bestowed with a plenty of terrific directors whose helming skill has, in turn, produced masterpieces for the Indian audience. Here are six amazing things and facts that you probably didn’t know about this prominent director:
- Neeraj started his career making documentaries, TV shows, and ad films.
- In 2008, he co-founded a production house called Friday Filmworks.
- Neeraj Pandey made his directorial debut with A Wednesday. The movie became the recipient of many praises and accolades viz. National Film Award- Best First Film of a Director (2008), IIFA Awards Best Story and Best Dialogue (2009), etc.
- Other than movies, Neeraj has also directed and supervised a web short named Ouch starring Manoj Bajpayee and Pooja Chopra. This web project was nominated for Filmfare Short Film Awards in 2017.
- So far, Director Neeraj Pandey has given only one commercially unsuccessful film in the form of Aiyaary (2018). His other works like Special 26, Baby, A Wednesday, and M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story have enjoyed some overwhelming success at the box-office.
- Other than being a director, Neeraj Pandey is also a writer. He has authored a novel named Ghalib Danger, which was released in the year 2013.