The global blockbusters Baahubali and Baahubali 2 enthralled the audience with their storyline, action, and epic music themes. In fact, the magic of both these mega hits made the fans crave for more of ‘Baahubali.’ Well, it seems Netflix heard the fans calling and thus, in August, it announced an original two-season web series, titled ‘Baahubali: Before the Beginning’.
It’s a prequel based on ‘The Rise of Sivagami’, a novel by Anand Neelakantan which was released in 2017. The web series will revolve around Queen Sivagami – played by Mrunal Thakur – and will highlight her journey from a rebellious girl to a wise and valiant queen. The series will also feature Rahul Bose as Skandadasa, Atul Kulkarni as Pattaraya, Sahib Verma as Sivappa, Siddharth Arora as Mahadeva, etc.
But before the series surfaces on Netflix, let’s know a few things about our ‘young Sivagami’ Mrunal:
- Mrunal has many Marathi movies to her name. Some popular ones include Hello Nandan, Rangkarmi, and Surajya.
- In addition, Mrunal Thakur has an International movie to her credit. It’s an Indo-American film with the title Love Sonia where she plays the role of a village girl trapped in the global sex trade.
- She also played the role of ‘Bulbul’ in Kumkum Bhagya, one of the prominent India soap operas. Mrunal was also a part of many other prime-time TV shows such as Mujhse Kuch Kehti Hai Ye Khamoshiya, Har Yug Mein Aayega Ek Arjun, etc.
- Along with Barun Sobti, Mrunal had co-hosted a comedy stage play – Do Fool Chaar Maali – in 2013.
- Other than playing the role of young Sivagami in the upcoming web series of Netflix, Mrunal is also all set for her big Bollywood debut with Hrithik Roshan in Super 30. But since the film’s director, Vikas Bahl, has been accused by many women, including actress Kangana Ranaut, of harassment under India’s #MeToo, Mrunal’s Bollywood debut might be delayed.
- She will also be seen alongside John Abraham in Batla House, which has been set for an Independence Day release in 2019. So, there is quite high probability that instead of Super 30, Batla House might become her debut Bollywood film.