A prominent face in Marathi movies and soap operas, Girija Oak Godbole will now be seen in Ladies Special as Meghna Nikade. Ladies Special was a popular show and it’s all set to hit the screen again with its second season, all credit to renowned producer, Vipul D Shah. The first season of the show revolved around four ladies who traveled by the local train of Mumbai – Ladies Special.
The second season of the show features altogether a new cast. It features actors from Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Uttar Pradesh. And who else could play the role of a Maharashtrian woman better than Girija Oak?
Here are a few things that you should know about Girija Oak:
- Girija has acted in as many as 15 Marathi films. She was also a part of two Bollywood movies- Taare Zameen Par and Shor in the City.
- She also has a short movie to her name. The title of the same is Quarter. According to Girija, short films are one of the strongest mediums to convey messages in a powerful way and in the shortest time.
- Girija also hosted a Marathi reality show – Sparsh Vatsalyacha – which was based on a unique concept. The show focused on the bond between first-time mothers and their babies.
- Actors are often known for their versatility and Girija is no exception. She has also been a part of many theater plays. One of her popular plays is ‘Dear Father’, wherein she played the role of Paresh Rawal’s daughter-in-law.
- Girija Oak is a true-blue Mumbaikar and the daughter of Dr. Girish Oak, a popular Marathi actor. She holds a biotechnology degree and debuted on the big screen at a mere age of 15.
- She was also recently seen in advertisements of many reputed companies like PayTm and Ching’s Noodles.
Do you like Sony TV’s Lady Special 2018? Tell us your reviews about the show in the comment section below!