John Abraham to Spearhead Operation Batla House
Gone are those days when the movie industry revolved around mere fiction scripts. Apart from being a source of entertainment, these motion pictures now introduce people to a slew of real-life stories unbeknown to them. From biopics to documentaries and heroic as well as patriotic events, movies strive to put forward non-fiction stories with modifications that hardly tamper the original timeline.
Batla House is one such movie that endeavors to present the tale of the infamous and the most controversial encounter of India– Operation Batla House. Directed by Nikkhil Advani, the flick has John Abraham enacting Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, the cop who led the Batla House Operation. The movie will release on Independence Day, 2019.
The Batla House Encounter: An Overview
It was in 2008 that a Special Cell Team of seven members barged into Batla House (Delhi) looking for Atif Bashir, Chief, Indian Mujahideen – the organization responsible for various bomb blasts in India between 2003 and 2008. After the ensuing exchange of bullets between the Special Cell Team and five terrorists, Atif Amin and Mohammad Sajid (terrorists) were killed and Mohammad Saif and Zeeshan were arrested while one of the terrorists managed to escape from the encounter scene.
What’s the Controversy?
After the encounter, Delhi Police found itself surrounded by a plethora of ‘fake encounter’ accusations by various politicians, media personnel, and the general public. In fact, the Delhi High Court asked the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) to probe the encounter. There was also a conspiracy theory in the air which stated that it was “inter-departmental rivalry” which led to the death of Inspector M C Sharma, who was the first officer to reach the Batla House for the verification of the terrorist news and ended up taking a bullet in the encounter. However, the report submitted by NHRC gave a clean chit to Delhi Police in the case.
Things to Know about Sanjeev Kumar Yadav
Here are some interesting thing that you must know about this real-life Delhi Police inspector who will be enacted by the Parmanu actor:
- Sanjeev belongs to 1998 DANIPS batch (Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service) and since 2004, he’s been posted with the Special Cell.
- Yadav has an amazing record of gunning down some of the most wanted criminals and gangsters. Some of his prominent encounters include that of the terrorists in Batla House, gangster Neetu Dabodia and his associates, gangster Rajesh Bharti and his associates.
- To date, Sanjeev has bagged a whopping 9 President Gallantry Awards, including one for the Batla House Operation.
- When it comes to educational qualifications, Sanjeev holds an under-graduation degree in Arts from the Allahabad University. He also has a post-graduation in Police Administration, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Crime.
- Sanjeev has served Madhya Pradesh Police as a Deputy SP from 1995 to 1998 and the Delhi Police as an ACP from 1998 to 2012.Did you enjoy the article? If yes, then please like our Facebook Page here- Very Short News